Post: National Coordinator (1 Post)
Duty Station: RHU Head Office, Kamala
Reports to: Advocacy Advisor-RHRN Project
The National Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the work of the RHRN platform and serve as link between platform members. S/he will be responsible for fostering strategic linkages with other initiatives and stakeholders and to represent the platform.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
1. Is the focal point of the platform for the RHRN Consortium members, including the Dutch Embassy, hence ensure synergies with the regional and international advocacy activities of the RHRN Global partnership.
2. Monitor the national policy environment and keeps the platform updated on key developments relevant to the platform. Is overall responsible for the internal and external communication of the platform;
3. Facilitate Linking with other existing initiatives relevant to the work of the platform, seeking alignment and harmonization, building synergies and avoiding duplication;
4. Coordinate the implementation of country plans:
a). Coordinate strategic and yearly planning processes and implementation of
the country plan by the platform and its members;
b). Initiate activities that promote synergies between platform members and
implement joint activities;
5. Inform the governance structure of the platform on the day to day activities and work as de facto secretary to the governance team and prepares platform meetings for decision-making.
6. Support the platform in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) in liaison with the regional team;
7. Compile/draft annual plans and budgets, draft annual progress narrative and financial reports in consultation with the regional coordinator; submits annual plans/budgets/reports to the regional manager, following their approval by the platform, and keeps regular contact with the regional team;
Training and experience
Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related disciplines, with at least three years’ experience in the field of advocacy on sexual and reproductive health and rights is essential.
Demonstrate an understanding of the SRHR context of Uganda in the context of Ugandan policy landscape. Have at least three years work experience in the area of SRHR at national level.
Knowledge and skills
Knowledge of key national and international frameworks that mandate SRHR related work including treaty bodies. Have networking, advocacy and coordination skills. Demonstrable mobilisation skills and ability to write clear and concise reports. Experience and skills in managing social accountability projects. The candidate should be willing to work and support the capacity building of youth-led organizations to adhere with platform values.
How to apply
Submit by post letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala
Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum). Applications may also be sent by email to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13th January 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: The job attracts a competitive remuneration package, with opportunity to interact and learn from several key players in the field of SRHR at national and international level. Candidates below the age of 35 years are preferred and encouraged to apply.